GrabCAD accepts all leading mechanical CAD formats, and has links to several other CAD-related services including Keyshot for 3D rendering and visualization, shown here. (Source: Luxion)
Next week GrabCAD Workbench Pro will exit its beta period and become generally available with new features that realistically allow it to be called a collaborative product data solution (CPD).
GrabCAD Workbench started out as a desktop extension of the GrabCAD web site, launched as a model-sharing community for mechanical engineers and product designers. Now it offers the ability to:
- Maintain a single master file
- Create local cache copies of the file for editing
- Lock/check-out the file to prevent multiple edits
- Synchronize the cache copy with the cloud-based master on demand or on a schedule
- Maintain and restore back-up versions.